This privacy notice, together with our Terms and Conditions and any other notice referred to in it, explains how we will collect your personal data and how we use your personal data when you visit our website.
Simphi Limited is a data controller in respect of the personal data processed when you visit our website. If you have any questions or concerns in relation to this Privacy Notice you can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Simphi Limited, Westgate House, Westgate Avenue, Bolton, BL1 4RF.
This website is not intended for minors or children.
1. Information we collect and how it may be used
We collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data depending on who you are.
If you are purchasing or selling a property or business through Simphi, we collect and use your personal data in order for us to provide you with our services. The personal data we collect, and use may include:
- Identity Data (name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences, feedback and survey responses)
- Contact Data (billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Financial Data (bank account and payment details)
- Transaction Data (details about payments to and from you and other services you have purchased through us)
- Technical Data (internet protocol address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identified, location data and other similar identifying information required for the customer’s device(s) to communicate with websites and applications on the internet)
- Usage Data (how you use our website products and services, the full uniform resource locators clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, lengths of visit to certain pages, page interaction information, methods to browse away from the page and any phone numbers you use to call us)
- Marketing and Communications Data
2. How we collect the Data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you through:
a. Direct interactions
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our services;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact us through social media;
b. Third parties or publicly available source
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators such as:
- Daltons Business based inside the EU
- Right Biz based in the EU
- Zoopla Property Group based inside the EU
Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House, Internet Search Engines and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
3. How we will use your Data
We will use your data for the following purposes. We will only use your data for the purposes for which we have collected it. We may process your personal data for a different purpose and without your consent where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- To contact you – to allow us to perform our contractual obligations, to recover debts due, to keep our records updated, to send you any marketing or any other information we feel is of direct relevance to you, to provide continuous support
- To provide you with our service, or any other information or products you have requested from us
- To assist us in improving our marketing
- To notify you of any changes
- To verify your identity
- To keep our site safe and secure
- To comply with any requirements imposed by law or the courts
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. You also have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. You can do this by calling us on 01204 771470 or writing to us at Data Protection Officer, Simphi Limited, Westgate House, Westgate Avenue, Bolton, BL1 4RF.
4. Sharing your personal Data
From time to time we may have to share your personal data with the external parties. We will only allow third parties to use your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may share your data with the following:
- Service providers acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who provide IT and system administration services
- Anti-money laundering service providers
- Advertisers and advertising networks (including social media) that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you.
- Professional advisers acting including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the United Kingdom who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accountancy services.
- HMRC, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
5. Data Security
We will use reasonable and necessary procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. If we become aware of a data breach we will notify the Information Commissioner’s Office. If we believe that the data breach is serious, we may notify you in accordance with our legal requirements.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
The cookies on our website do not track, collect or upload data such as your name, email address or billing information, but it may collect data about your equipment and browsing activities. We may collect and report on the adoption and usage of specific features, crashes and exceptions and other useful, anonymous metrics.
You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
7. Social Media
Simphi Limited uses social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
We these sites as a medium to promote our services, properties and businesses for sale to the general public customers and to measure effectiveness of our campaigns and gain information about our products from user’s (customers, fans, reviewers).
Any Information provided to us on our social media platforms like email address and other contact details, will not be shared to any other 3rd party companies, nor transferred to anyone. Information on all social media platforms are not saved/downloaded to Simphi Limited computers/servers.
We may use your email address to contact you about any products and services which we may have on offer, but we will always give you the option of opting in and opting out.
Please see individual GDPR policies for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn for more information.
8. Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws you have the right to protect and look after your personal data. You have the right to:
- ask us for the personal data that we hold and process about you. You have rights to the following information:
- the purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- the categories of personal information we hold about you
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- the period for which we will store your information, or the criteria used to determine that period;
- prevent the use of your personal data for marketing purposes by
- contacting our office on 01204 771470
- by ticking the relevant boxes on the data collection forms; or
- by writing to us at Data Protection Officer, Simphi Limited, Westgate House, Westgate Avenue, Bolton, BL1 4RF
The rights listed above may apply in certain circumstances, and so we may not always be able to comply with your request to exercise these rights. We will usually respond to a request from you to exercise your rights within four weeks of receipt, but it might take longer if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. You will not usually have to pay a fee to exercise these rights, but we reserve the right to if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request.
Changes in business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this website and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, we and all contributors to this website hereby disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use this website.
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, we do not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website
If any part of our terms and conditions is deemed to be unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
These terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed exclusively by English law.
This does not affect your statutory rights.